GRAND SEIKO SPRING DRIVE 8-DAYS SBGD201

Beszélgess az MCR tagokról.

GRAND SEIKO SPRING DRIVE 8-DAYS SBGD201

HozzászólásSzerző: anyick » 2023.04.15. 07:10

8 Days at Grand Seiko Spring Drive and the "Seiko" of Spring Drive Technology This is the start of a story I never thought would be published on Monochrome! This is a replica watches for sale with a quartz crystal movement. Wait... talking about quartz? in monochrome? Well I wouldn't say I've turned to the dark side, but a visit to Seiko in Japan last year allowed me to see the beauty of the Spring Drive movement, even though the regulating mechanism inside has something that usually leaves some taste in my mouth Not good... quartz crystals. Today we're going to explore Spring Drive technology and why I'm so willing to learn more about it... 8 days of the amazing Grand Seiko Spring Drive.

I had the pleasure of visiting Seiko (and Grand Seiko) in Japan last year on an extensive 5-day tour. One thing that strikes me is that the Japanese approach to watchmaking is very different from the Swiss or Germans. While I've found that the German approach is already different from the Swiss approach, the Japanese approach is quite different. I described it earlier as an engineering approach, maybe a bit nerdy. Even without wanting to label it all, my extensive manufacturing journey has given me the utmost respect and gratitude for all things Seiko.

Quartz, really?
The approach seems to be guided more by engineering than tabulation. So, a different way of thinking, a different way of solving problems, a different way of finding solutions. And the quartz movement, whether it's the most affordable quartz watch you can buy at your local department store or the Patek Philippe Twenty-4 (Patek Philippe's very successful quartz movement ladies' watch), both are more accurate than any mechanical watch. Period. No discussion. So, in terms of precision, quartz rules. However, when it comes to emotions, Quartz cannot deliver. Sometimes emotion drives us to spend big bucks on something we don't actually need, namely a mechanical watch. So why isn't a regular quartz movement, but one that still uses a quartz crystal, able to stir my emotions in such a way that my barrier to buying a Seiko Spring Drive is completely removed? That's what surprised me, so in this story, I'm going to explore Spring Drive technology and shed light on one of the most beautiful watches I've ever seen, the Grand Seiko Spring Drive 8-Days .

Seiko's pursuit of precision
As I have already said, the Japanese approach to watchmaking seems to me to be based on engineering. In an effort to improve the precision of mechanical Shopping replica watches, Seiko's engineers searched for the best solution. In their exploration, they were not limited by the usual constraints that everyone in the Swiss watch industry encounters. Given the aforementioned lack of emotion, any battery-powered stepper motor at the heart of a quartz movement will not be eliminated. The solution, therefore, was to create a movement that looked and felt like a regular mechanical movement, but with certain components that could significantly improve its precision.

How Seiko SPRING DRIVE Works
The result is a movement with a "normal" mainspring that stores the movement's energy, a gear train, and "something" that A) immediately stops the mainspring from unwinding, and B) regulates unwinding with high precision. It's this "something" that makes Spring Drive so special, so different, and so precise. That "thing" is the tri-synchronous regulator.

Trisynchronous regulators consist of an IC, a magnet, a coil surrounding the magnet, a "rotor" and a quartz oscillator (what we know from quartz movements). All of these act as brakes, and just like in normal mechanical movement, the escapement will perform the prescribed brakes. The 'oscillating weight' I'm talking about is not a self-winding oscillating weight, nor is it a self-winding oscillator. It's a wheel that could be considered an escapement, but it has a smooth profile and spins much faster than the escape wheel, and only in one direction.high quality replica watches

When the mainspring unwinds, it drives the gears and turns the hands. A small amount of energy from the mainspring is used to generate a tiny current to power the crystal oscillator and IC. We all know that a quartz crystal has a very stable frequency, here the quartz crystal inside the oscillator (the part that resembles a tuning fork) does exactly the same thing as any quartz movement. However, it is worth noting that Seiko only selects the finest quartz crystals for its Grand Seiko and Spring Drive movements.

The signal from the quartz oscillator is coordinated by the IC with the speed at which the mainspring unwinds. The IC is located between the quartz oscillator and the rotor, the frequency of which is adjusted by means of a controlled electromagnetic brake (and thus the tension of the mainspring through the entire gear train). The video below actually shows perfectly how it works...

The impeccable hand-finishing of the movement components, the "in-house" quartz crystal and selection of the best crystals used in the Spring Drive movement, the fact that the movement does not require batteries or stepper motors, and what I see in Seiko The great attention to detail I received convinced me that the Spring Drive is very different from ordinary or even high-end quartz movements.replica watches Review

GRAND SEIKO SPRING DRIVE 8-DAYS PLATINUM REF.SBDG201
On this trip, I wore an old Seiko Lord Marvel from 1967. An interesting detail is that Seiko introduced its high-frequency movement in the Lord Marvel 36,000 in 1967. My old watch is very similar to the brand new Grand Seiko Spring Drive 8 - man, I'm kind of in love with it. Exactly the same look, similar case, dial and hands design, but with more modern dimensions. My old one was 35mm. This new one measures 43mm in diameter and 13.2mm thick. Despite these rather impressive dimensions plus the use of platinum (which is fairly heavy due to the very dense construction), it fits comfortably on the wrist and doesn't feel too big or thick.

The case shape, all angles and bevels, and its construction are similar. The hands and scales, as well as the Seiko name on the dial, are also similar. Rest assured, I'm already developing a sincere weakness for this particular Grand Seiko when I see this. Just one more glance and I see Spring Drive printed in blue on the striking silvery-white dial. This, of course, caused some hesitation in my enthusiasm, but when I turned my watch, the hesitation disappeared.replica watches for men

The finishing is absolutely stunning and impeccable, connoisseurs will recognize how difficult this finishing is.

Spring Drive Caliber 9R01
While all Spring Drive movements offer a 72-hour power reserve, this one offers an 8-day (192-hour) power reserve. To achieve a longer power reserve, the team at the Micro Artist studio added two mainsprings, so the movement has three barrels connected in series. This remarkable movement has been designed throughout to maximize energy efficiency and reduce friction between components that would otherwise lead to loss of energy transmission by the mainspring.

The movement indicates hours, minutes and seconds, accurate to ±10 seconds per month. Indeed, plus or minus 10 seconds per month, or just half a second per day!

Case and Dial
The case is made of Platinum 950, a compound that contains 95% platinum. Seiko developed their own polishing technique called the Zaratsu polishing technique, this gives the case edges and bevels a clear look, and this is probably one of the best platinum cases I have ever seen.luxury replica watches

The dial looks very pure and white with a sparkling diamond powder effect. According to Seiko, it was reminiscent of a winter morning in the Suwa region near the studio, which was named "diamond dust". The hands, indices and the finish of everything are absolutely impeccable, which actually proves that the folks at Seiko have learned a lot from the Swiss, or more accurately, from none other than Mr. Philippe Dufour.

The Grand Seiko Spring Drive 8-Days is not a limited edition. This price sets it apart from direct competition from other high-end three-hand watches like Patek Philippe or Vacheron Constantin. In terms of Seiko, this Grand Seiko easily rivals the aforementioned Swiss brands, while in terms of precision, it crushes the precision of any tourbillon. It's not a watch to show off (although it looks great), but more like a connoisseur's piece. If you appreciate fine finishing of cases, dials, hands and movements and value precision then this is the perfect choice. A pure choice.

In the title, I called this watch very "Seiko," and by that I meant it was a pure watch, developed by engineers to achieve an incredible level of precision. The choice made is an engineer's choice, not a marketing choice. Precision, long power reserve, impeccable finishing are all learned from Mr. Philippe Dufour.

GRAND SEIKO SPRING DRIVE 8-DAYS SBGD201 Specifications
Case: 43mm diameter x 13.2mm thickness - 950 Platinum, Zaratsu polished - box-shaped sapphire crystal on front, flat sapphire crystal on back - water resistant to 100 meters/10 bar
Movement: Spring Drive caliber 9R01, developed and manufactured in-house - Manual winding - 172 hours power reserve - Hours, minutes, seconds
Bracelet: black alligator leather strap with platinum folding clasp.

Jacob and Co. Astronomia
anyick
friss hulla
friss hulla

Re: GRAND SEIKO SPRING DRIVE 8-DAYS SBGD201

HozzászólásSzerző: wenelli » 2023.06.01. 20:10

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтhttp://habeascorpus.ruсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтинфосайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт
wenelli
vérzombeee
vérzombeee

HozzászólásSzerző: wenelli » 2023.08.03. 11:46

wenelli
vérzombeee
vérzombeee

HozzászólásSzerző: wenelli » 2023.09.10. 01:48

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо
wenelli
vérzombeee
vérzombeee

HozzászólásSzerző: wenelli » 2023.10.17. 02:32

wenelli
vérzombeee
vérzombeee

HozzászólásSzerző: wenelli » 2023.10.17. 02:33

wenelli